The insanity deserves a summation - perhaps in the form of a little witticism sent in by one of my correspondents.
Most of these whatsists involve the nation's money which the military regime think nothing of spending on themselves whilst feigning concern for the great unwashed. What is concerning is na butako kei na lawaki butobuto - what is happening behind the scenes. The following cartoon illustrates this perfectly, but more to come soon .....
How many members of Fiji Military Regime are needed to change a whatsit.
The Answer is TEN:
1. one to deny that the whatsit needs to be changed
2. one to attack the gall of anyone who says the whatsit needs to be changed or questions the necessity.
3. one to blame Qarase for burning out the whatsit
4. one to demonstrate via a parade of decrees to the UN, IMF et al that they are busy changing the whatsit in dark duress via "reform"
5. one to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Tapoos for the new whatsit
6. one to arrange a photograph of Injustice Paul Madigan, dressed in robes & wig standing on a step ladder under the banner -- "Whatsit Change Accomplished"
7. one regime insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how Bainimarama was literally in the dark
8. one to viciously smear #7
9. one surrogate called MyArsi to campaign on TV and on radio on how Bainimarama has had a strong whatsit changing policy all along
10. and finally one to confuse Fijians about the difference between screwing a whatsit and screwing the country.