A band of young people who have never forgotten this senseless act of brutality carried out by the Fijian junta have formed a movement called the Sakiusa Rabaka Movement.
I encourage you to lend them your support.
Saki's only crime ? Smoking, or on his way to buy a smoke . See my previous post on this story.
We gathered horrific pictures of his beating at the time which I will republish here for a memory jolt.
Rabaka in a coma on his death bed
- made to crawl on their stomachs (without the use of their arms) on a gravel road with the weight of heavy timber across their
shoulders and when they turned over from the pain, they were beaten and hit across the stomach with pieces of timber until motionless
- stripped to their underwear and assaulted while being forced to run with a bag of sand on their shoulders
- forced to perform oral sex on each other
- forced to walk squatting like ducks being kicked, punched and sworn at the entire time.
- stripped to their underwear and made to run toward military personnel who whipped them each time they passed.
|Rabaka's horiffic injuries|
|Rabaka's external injuries causing massive hemorrhaging|
Military bozo Nayacalagilagi
Sakiusa was vomiting that night at the police station but was ignored.
|Evidence of torture on Rabaka's body|
protected by the amnesty issued by the Bainimarama / Kaiyum regime.
Nayacalagilagi then threatened that he would come for them in their home if they told anybody what happened.
There are others who have been murdered by the regime in Fiji the links I re-post here from Coup 4.5 blogsite for more information :
Nimolote'a brother speaks out: Fijian version
Nimolote's brother: English version
Fiji police lie about Naboro escapees
Family of man murdered by soldiers seeks justice